If patients knew more:
1. they’d understand more of what doctors say;
2. they’d ask better questions;
3. they’d be more autonomous;
4. they’d make better decisions (ones they’re comfortable with, long-term);
5. they’d spend less money on care they don’t want or need.
If doctors knew more:
1. they’d provide more effective treatments;
2. they’d waste less money;
3. they’d make people feel better;
4. they wouldn’t feel threatened by informed patients;
5. they’d garner more respect.
Looking over this, I realize that doctors might be persuaded by the same list presented in the style of a PowerPoint presentation. Either way’s OK with me.